12/01/04

The Industry needs qualified people

Hungover
on no hour's sleep
I'm here in class
to learn a trade.

I have caffeinated water to keep the
creeping chaotic unprofessionalism at bay
it wants to come out but
I will suppress it
and relax in
tense manic calm
a mighty plastic edifice
a can-do attitude.

In front of me
the instructor demonstrates
his awesome grasp of traffic control trivia
happy as a pig in shit.

Above me
is a skylight
a window to the heavens and their cast of
cheerful cottonball unsui
the ghosts of professionals who succeeded
in phasing out.

Light cumulous lumps
call ~

I answer.

No comments:

The Twin Gears of Cringe and Cling

Donating. Actually doing something - an interaction - over the web - financial transaction, christmas shopping, or sort of gesturing to chri...