10/14/14

whatever depth

My irony will trump your sincerity at any turn. Cause even when you think you've cleverly brought sincerity to a raw extreme that should shut down any snarky above-it-all posture, like mentioning that your mom just died or something, I will then lower my apathy in accordance, to whatever depth the occasion requires, and make it all meaningless. Death, what does that even mean? Nothing but an opportunity for a wisecrack. Gallows humour, it's all I have, it's where I draw my identity and purpose now, even if it isn't very funny. Funny, as if that's the goal. No, it's a reference springboard, so's I can bounce to the next bit of glitched digital detritus.

No comments:

The Twin Gears of Cringe and Cling

Donating. Actually doing something - an interaction - over the web - financial transaction, christmas shopping, or sort of gesturing to chri...